Our MissionTo show God’s love and grace by providing formal dresses, at no cost, to high school girls
who may not be able to attend Prom or Homecoming due to financial difficulties
Hope Closet is based on the dress ministry of Cinderella’s Closet USA, providing formal dresses to girls who may otherwise not be able to attend Prom or Homecoming due to financial hardships. Hope Closet started in February of 2019 at Fletcher United Methodist Church with a small clothes rack and dresses donated from the community. By the end of February, over 600 dresses had generously been donated from individuals as well as a local dress shop.
Shoes, purses and accessories have also been donated. On March 16, 2019, Fletcher United Methodist Church opened
its doors to Hope Closet’s first dress give away. Over 70 girls received dresses, shoes, and accessories at no cost to them!
Hope Closet is a ministry of Fletcher United
Methodist Church. We are open to all teenage girls from any high school who needs a formal dress for prom or homecoming.
The ministry was started as a way of providing dresses to girls who may not
be able to attend prom or homecoming due
to financial difficulties. The ministry also gives us an opportunity to reach out to area girls, build their self-esteem and create a positive experience.
The ministry is open in March for Prom and
September for Homecoming. Each girl is
permitted one dress, one pair of shoes, and
accessories as available. There is no charge.
Volunteers from Fletcher UMC and the
community help with the ministry. High
School students needing community service hours are encouraged to volunteer.
Donations (see donations guidelines below) Volunteers If you would like to help with dress give away days or sort and arrange dresses, please let us know. Teens who need community service hours are also encouraged to volunteer.
- Formal Dresses - new and like new prom and homecoming dresses, less than three years old, in excelent condition and clean. Plus size donations are always needed.
We are unable to accept dresses that are stained, need cleaned or damaged in anyway.
- Clean, strapless bras, slips, jackets and should covers are welcome
- Formal Shoes - Metallic or Black ar most needed but a sparkly shoe in any color is welcome.
- Formal Purses - Metallic or Black are most needed but a sparkly purse in any color is welcome.
- Current sytle sparkly necklaces, earrings (post and clip) bracelets and stretch rings. The more bling the better!
- Brand new in the package lip gloss, nail polish and mascara.
- W also encouare girls to re-donate their Prom and Homecoming dresses.